Coriander Pesto – Vegan, Gluten Free
- cashew nuts – 1 cup, roasted unsalted
- coriander (cilantro) – 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped (leaves and stalks)
- mint leaves – 3/4 cup (discard stalks)
- garlic – 2 small cloves
- lemon – juice of 1
- extra-virgin olive oil – 1/4 – 1/2 cup
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place cashew nuts, coriander, mint, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped and just combined.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while the motor is running – you can make the pesto as chunky or smooth as you like. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with fresh vegetable crudités (e.g. carrots, radishes, celery, snow peas, green beans etc). Also perfect on sandwiches or as an accompaniment to grilled seafood or steamed vegetables.